DescriptionOptimal Sleep, by Seeking Health, is a potent blend of vitamin B6, calming magnesium, ashwagandha, and 5-HTP that provides natural support for a restful night’s sleep without leaving you in a morning fog upon waking.* This formula is also melatonin-free, for those who prefer a non-hormonal approach to sleep support. A good night’s sleep is an important part of mental and physical health during waking hours. Diet, anxiety or stress, hormones, activity levels, and the external environment are all factors that can affect the quantity and quality of sleep we are able to get each night. Some individuals who experience trouble sleeping due to low levels of melatonin may find relief with melatonin supplements – however, those with normal melatonin levels typically report little improvement in sleep with these supplements, not to mention grogginess, dizziness or fatigue the following day*. Key Benefits and Actions:
- Niacin, or vitamin B3, may help support a healthy sleep-wake cycle.* Though the exact relationship is not fully understood, niacin is thought to interact with tryptophan, a building block of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.*
- Vitamin B6 may help support healthy neurotransmitter levels and healthy amino acid metabolism.* Poor sleep can be a side effect of vitamin B6 deficiency.
- Magnesium is sometimes referred to as “the relaxation mineral.” It may help support muscle relaxation and a general calm feeling.*
- Zinc is another mineral that may help support a good night’s sleep. Zinc is involved in many cellular metabolic processes and is often taken along with magnesium to support relaxation.*
- Ashwagandha is considered an “adaptogen,” a natural herbal tonic to support a healthy stress response.* Ashwagandha may also help support adrenal health and relaxation.*
- Sharp-PS® GREEN Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a soy-free PS derived from non-GMO sunflower. PS may help support healthy cognitive and nervous system function and may also promote a healthy mood.*
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid precursor to serotonin.* In a healthy nervous system, serotonin is thought to be involved in sleep regulation, hormone balance, appetite and temperature signaling, and many other processes.* 5-HTP may help support a healthy sleep cycle and healthy mood.*