DescriptionQuicksilver Scientific has developed a sophisticated detoxification system based on enhancing the natural removal of metals through the intestines using a proprietary compound, IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox). The Intestinal Metals Detox (IMD) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica carrier with covalently attached metal-binding groups. The product is insoluble and functions to bind heavy metals in the gut so that they can be safely eliminated with the bowels; this prevents both absorption of the heavy metals and the generation of free-radicals catalyzed by the metals. In fact, the product can also directly neutralized free-radicals in the gut and thus may play a role in damping gastrointestinal inflammation. Both the silica base and the binding agent are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for use in food, but since the binding agent is firmly attached to the insoluble silica, it is not absorbed and thus not bioavailable. Product Details:
- Binds mercury and other heavy metals in the intestines and escorts these harmful contaminants out of the body.
- Intercepts methylmercury trapped in enterohepatic circulation.
- Leads to lowering of blood mercury levels, allowing organ and tissue bound mercury safely to drain into the blood at a natural rate.
- Improves the body’s natural detoxification ability by quenching free radicals and stopping metal-catalyzed free-radical reactions, which can otherwise lead to inflammation and cause down-regulation of detox transporters (Phase III transporters—OATs, cMOAT, MRPs, etc).
- Fortifies the link between the intestines and the immune system.