DescriptionQuicksilver Scientific has developed a sophisticated detoxification system based on enhancing the natural removal of metals through the intestines using a proprietary compound, IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox). The Intestinal Metals Detox (IMD) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica carrier with covalently attached metal-binding groups. The product is insoluble and functions to bind heavy metals in the gut so that they can be safely eliminated with the bowels; this prevents both absorption of the heavy metals and the generation of free-radicals catalyzed by the metals.
In fact, the product can also directly neutralized free-radicals in the gut and thus may play a role in damping gastrointestinal inflammation. Both the silica base and the binding agent are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for use in food, but since the binding agent is firmly attached to the insoluble silica, it is not absorbed and thus not bioavailable.
- Binds mercury and other heavy metals in the intestines and escorts these harmful contaminants out of the body.
- Intercepts methylmercury trapped in enterohepatic circulation.
- Leads to lowering of blood mercury levels, allowing organ and tissue bound mercury safely to drain into the blood at a natural rate.
- Improves the body’s natural detoxification ability by quenching free radicals and stopping metal-catalyzed free-radical reactions, which can otherwise lead to inflammation and cause down-regulation of detox transporters (Phase III transporters—OATs, cMOAT, MRPs, etc).
- Fortifies the link between the intestines and the immune system.
Dosage/Regimen: For a long-term cleanse take 5 days on / 2 days off in a rotation. For acute problems, take continuously until symptoms subside.
Length of Treatment: The general course of use is 4-6 months as a basic cleanse, up to a year for deeper cleansing. Periodic use after the main cleanse (one month two times per year) is helpful for two reasons: 1) To remove new accumulations, and 2) Deeper deposits may not be accessible during the first cleanse and can move out and become more available after the body adjusts to the first cleanse. The speed/intensity of the cleanse can be controlled by the dosage. Most people experience a need for more sleep at night, but if pronounced fatigue is experienced during the day, the dosage can be decreased until comfortable. No major side effects have been reported. Minor side effects include: fatigue and mild headaches. These reactions are common during any type of cleansing.
During this cleanse it is important to increase water intake and make sure that you are having at least 1-2 bowel movements a day.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.