DescriptionClinical trials have shown that NT Factor® can actually support the repair of damaged cell membranes - in effect reducing the cells' biological age and restoring mitochondrial ability to generate energy. This is true whether the reduced energy or fatigue is from an illness like ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia, a side effect of chemotherapy, or simply a result of aging and hectic lifestyles. Studies done with severely fatigued patients in each of these populations demonstrated that NT Factor can support reduction of fatigue levels by as much as 45 percent.(1-3) Mitochondria Ignite™ with NT Factor by ProHealth provides 1350 mg per dose of this powerful supplement. The Story Behind NT Factor John Casey, president of Nutritional Therapeutics, Inc., was the driving force behind the development of NT Factor. Casey believed new diseases were emerging largely due to the changes in our food supply. He explained that in 1977 the Commission on Nutrition in the U.S. Congress set us up on a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet pathway which has had a destructive effect on human health. NT Factor was envisioned as a bridge between the healthier diet of old and today's modern diet. Casey found that the fundamental problem with the modern diet is that it leads to leaky-gut syndrome, candidiasis (yeast overgrowth), and other gastrointestinal problems, which in turn hinder the proper absorption and utilization of nutrients. In his search for a way to correct this problem, he looked to nature. Where in nature is this problem solved? In mother's milk, of course. So mother's milk became the blueprint for developing NT Factor. An important component of mother's milk is phosphoglycolipids (also called glycophospholipids). Phosphoglycolipids are a special type of fat and they make up a significant portion of the structure of cell membranes. But those phosphoglycolipids need a hospitable environment in the stomach and GI tract in order to be utilized properly. So, in addition to being a rich source of phosphoglycolipids, NT Factor was also formulated to provide both:
- The friendly bacteria (bifido and lactobacillus bacterium) needed to keep the gastrointestinal tract functioning properly,
- And the growth media necessary to feed the good bacteria so they can colonize.
- Once phosphoglycolipids get into the body, they first work to repair the cells in the lining of the stomach and the GI tract.
- When that is accomplished, they are then able to start flowing through the digestive system into other cells throughout the body, eventually reaching and repairing every cell in the body - from the brain to the toes.
|No. of Participants||Average Age||Length of Study||Reduction in Fatigue|
- The phosphoglycolipids in NT Factor are a unique extract that matches human cell membranes. This is why they are able to push themselves into the cell membranes.
- NT Factor is composed only of food and food components.
- The phosphoglycolipids in NT Factor are unoxidized lipids. Many food sources and products purchased from health stores contain oxidized lipids, which cannot be used to repair cell membranes.
- NT Factor's phosphoglycolipids are protected so they are not oxidized and destroyed by the digestive process.
- NT Factor is natural to the human body. Not all natural products are - they may be a natural plant source, for example, but not necessarily natural to the human body.
- NT Factor is the only product proven in clinical trials to support repair of damaged cell membranes.
- NT Factor is proven in clinical trials to successfully support reduced fatigue.
- NT Factor has supported benefits in fatigue trials for the large majority of those who take it.
- Nicolson GL, et al. "Lipid replacement and antioxidant nutritional therapy for restoring mitochondrial function and reducing fatigue in chronic fatigue syndrome and other fatiguing illnesses." Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 2006 Sept; 13(1):57-68.
- Nicolson GL. "Lipid replacement/antioxidant therapy as an adjunct supplement to reduce the adverse effects of cancer therapy and restore mitochondrial function." Pathology Oncology Research 2005 11(3):139-144. Full Text PDF
- Agadjanyan M, et al. "Nutritional supplement (NT Factor) restores mitochondrial function and reduces moderately severe fatigue in aged subjects." Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2003 Jan; 11(3):23-36.
- Nicolson GL. "Lipid replacement as an adjunct to therapy for chronic fatigue, anti-aging and restoration of mitochondrial function." Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association 2003 Summer; 6(3):22-28. Full Text
- Ellithorpe RR, et al. "Reduction of fatigue by use of a dietary supplement containing glycophospholipids." Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association 2003 Winter; 6(1):23-28. Full Text PDF
- Nicolson GL, et al. "Lipid replacement therapy with a glycophospholipid-antioxidant-vitamin formulation significantly reduces fatigue within one week." Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association 2010; 13(1):10-14. Full Text PDF