DescriptionMaintaining cognitive health is essential at any age. Cognitex® Basics is an entry-level formula for brain health support, and contains alpha glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha-GPC), Phosphatidylserine, and AuroraBlue® wild-crafted whole blueberry fruit extract: three nutrients that support memory and cognitive function.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Promotes youthful memory health
- Supports healthy neurotransmitter levels
- Helps maintain brain cell connections
- Encourages healthy cognitive function
More facts about Cognitex® Basics
This formula has 250 mg of alpha glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha-GPC), 100 mg of Phosphatidylserine, and 100 mg AuroraBlue® wild-crafted whole blueberry fruit extract.
Maintaining healthy levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine is essential to muscle control, sleep, and cognitive function.1,2 So our Cognitex® Basics formula provides L-alpha glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha-GPC), a precursor to acetylcholine - a crucial building block for the production of acetylcholine in the brain.3,4
Phosphatidylserine (or just PS for short) an essential component of healthy cell membranes, is critical to brain metabolism and function, and supports brain-cell-to-brain-cell connections.5,6 PS promotes healthy cognitive function, healthy memory, concentration, attention, and more.7-12 Additionally, PS helps the brain use its fuel efficiently by facilitating glucose metabolism and stimulating production of acetylcholine, a key neurotransmitter.13-15
AuroraBlue® blueberry fruit extract
Blueberry phytonutrients can help inhibit age-related decline in cognitive and motor function.16,17 Wild blueberry extracts have been shown to inhibit oxidative and inflammatory factors in brain cells believed to affect memory health.18,19 Our formula uses AuroraBlue®, a whole-food complex of various blueberry species from pristine Alaskan tundra with powerful antioxidant properties. Add Cognitex® Basics to your regimen today, and lay a strong foundation for healthy, youthful cognition and memory for years to come.
- J Neurol Sci. 2011 Jun 15;305(1-2):34-7.
- Curr Biol. 2015 Jun 1;25(11):1461-8.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2011 Jun;49(6):1303-15.
- J Int Med Res. 1991 Jul-Aug;19(4):330-41.
- Prog Lipid Res. 2014 Oct;56:1-18.
- Annu Rev Biophys. 2010;39:407-27.
- Nutr Neurosci. 2008 Jun;11(3):103-10.
- Neurobiol Aging. 1981 Fall;2(3):209-13.
- Aging (Milano). 1993 Apr;5(2):123-33.
- Neurology. 1991 May;41(5):644-9.
- Nutrition. 2015 Jun;31(6):781-6.
- Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;42(4):385-8.
- Dementia. 1994 Mar-Apr;5(2):88-98.
- Neurobiol Aging. 1987 Sep-Oct;8(5):403-7.
- Neurobiol Aging. 1985 Winter;6(4):337-9.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007 Apr;1100:470-85.
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2010;58:3996-4000.
- Behav Brain Res. 2009 Mar 17;198(2):352-8.
- Nutr Neurosci. 2008 Aug;11(4):172-82.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.