DescriptionHope and Help for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. A book by Russell Howe. Hope and Help for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia is designed to educate patients suffering from CFS/FM about their illnesses and to teach them coping skills that will improve their quality of life. And while the good news is that people who suffer from CFS/FM aren't dying, the bad news is that it's going to take a lot of time and effort to get better since there is no one specific treatment that works for everyone. Some of the issues covered are:
- Understanding the symptoms and how diagnoses are made.
- Causes of CFS/FM and common psychological consequences, including anxiety and depression.
- The role of stress and how to manage it.
- The connection between the mind and the body in coping with CFS/FM.
- The potential of medications, nutrition, and lifestyle changes.
- The role of complementary medications and dietary supplements in pain management.
- The value and limitations of alternative and complementary therapies such as acupuncture, massage, homeopathy, and aromatherapy.
- Legal issues about how to deal with medical and legal problems that may arise if insurance benefits have been stopped.